The annual lottery mechanism for the Canada Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship Program.
Your biological or adoptive parents and grandparents qualify as “family members” for the purpose of visa sponsorship. Your parents and grandparents need your sponsorship if you can check off the following boxes:
· age of majority in your jurisdiction (often 18)
· be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and
· have been invited to apply (ITA)
· have sufficient funds to maintain the sponsored individuals. You must provide evidence of your financial support capabilities by doing the following:
· Submit Tax Returns or Other Verification of Income
· Co-sign with your spouse or common-law partner to pool your resources.
· comply with all other conditions set forth in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
Your application will not be processed unless your parents, grandparents, and dependents submit all necessary paperwork and documents to prove they are eligible. Medical examinations, police clearances, and biometrics are some of the additional documentation that they may be asked to provide throughout processing.
Note that becoming a Canadian citizen may be delayed for a while if you have a criminal record, either in Canada or elsewhere.